Devs will be doing an "Ask me Anything" on 9/29 (Updated with information from the thread)

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Gehenna, Sep 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gehenna

Gehenna Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Battlerite Username:
    Gehenna
    Battlerite developers will be doing a Reddit AMA on /r/pcgaming between 14:00 to 18:00 CEST.
    I'll try to post any information that I find important here.

Info Edit:

Q/A's I found important/noteworthy:

Question: "How often do you plan on patching the game? What do you think is the optimal time to patch for your game?"
    Answer: "There will be some time in between big content patches. Our first big update will arrive in late October containing among other content two new champions. Smaller patches to address bugs, issues or champion balance will be deployed more often. It’s still a bit early to say exactly how frequent each update will be though."

Question: "The update in BLC which added traits, medallions, and gems, that is not going to be a thing in Battlerite?"
    Answer: We have no plans for game-altering progression. A leveled playing field where skill is the determining factor has been one of our core design-guidelines for Battlerite.

Question: "How are you planning to deal with boosting (grouping up with someone with much lower MMR/grade than yourself)?"
    Answer: "For our future rework we are looking into the option of having separated rating for each pre-made party you create, which will eliminate this scenario completely. But we are still in the design process of this system, more information will be given at a later stage."

Question: "Also are there any plans to change how mmr gains in competitive work?"
    Answer: "Our vision for the upcoming ranked rework will focus a lot more on visual appeal, to create a more fun and understandable ranked experience. So expect to see major changes to how we handle MMR once the new system is in place"

Question: "Plans for the competitive side of the game?"

Answer: "Features that boost eSport-potential is something we dig but it’s a bit too early to give a definite answer on what competitive-features the game needs. We are very proud of the tournament system in BLC so we’re not ruling that out! :)"

Question: "What do you think about the potential in eSports for Battlerite?"
    Answer: "2v2 is easier to follow and understand as a spectator, but 3v3 is a lot of fun as well. We will just have to wait and see what the community believes is the best format but right now nothing is stopping us from doing both."

Question: "Can you tell us what we can do as a community or as individuals to facilitate the growth of the game? Who's the best player in the studio? Do/Did you communicate with BLC veterans to get their opinions about balance and champions?"
    Answer: "
    1.Thanks! Being active on community websites, spreading the word about the game or creating video content are a couple of examples that are greatly appreciated!
    2. Limeslushie, Shelt and Ilves have the highest grade at the moment, but they all excel at different champions so it’s hard to say who’s number 1.
    3. We are using a lot of statistics as well as feedback from our community to do balance changes. Balance up until Early Access has been done primarily by in-house discussion and play testing, but we’ve also had BLC veterans come over and test the game at the office before we went into closed alpha. Their opinions on both the game and its balance helped a lot in tweaking the game in the early stages.

Here's the thread if you want to read the whole thing: (thanks @razzilb)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleRite/comments/5529vc/summary_of_the_ama_with_stunlock_studios/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  2. TheMorden

TheMorden New Gamer

Ratings:
    +1
    Looking forward for it because I won't be able to ask question myself at that time and read the whole /r/ thread.

3. Dzengh

Dzengh New Gamer

Ratings:
    +4
    8/29? Even in US format that means in 11 months? On 29/8/2016? Wut?

4. TheMorden

TheMorden New Gamer

Ratings:
    +1
    I think that's just mistake and he meant 9/29.

5. Dzengh

Dzengh New Gamer

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I found the info too, and it probably was a typo, but you guys having a different format made it even more confusing for me. We'll be looking into it. :)

6. Gehenna

Gehenna Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Battlerite Username:
    Gehenna
    I tell myself I proofread my threads. Sorry about that guys.

7. Dzengh

Dzengh New Gamer

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey it's no problem man, it was meant as a somewhat jest anyway. :)

8. razzilb

razzilb New Gamer

Ratings:
    +4